Monday, February 15, 2010

Way to stay strong, my friend.

Today is my last day off before I start my new job in the morning. To celebrate, I have been listening to music, reading and drinking...a bit. At noon, Rosalie had a doctor's appointment. Nothing important, just a follow-up to an appointment she had a month ago. Everything was fine with her, as we expected, but in the process of picking her up for her appointment, I got to see a rather hilarious bumper sticker and as a bonus, the owner of the bumper sticker.

So, you may be wondering how I saw the driver AND the bumper sticker. I saw him get in his car on the street and then after I pulled out of the daycare, I ended up behind the same car. Perhaps he was warming that bad-boy up before going out on the prowl. I'm not sure. Either way,the bumper sticker on said car read the following:

"I'll keep my guns, my freedom and my money. You can keep the 'Change'."

Clever, no? I trust he voted for McCain in the 2008 election or perhaps he wrote in David Duke. The man, when I saw him, appeared to be going out into the forest in search of large game. Camouflage draped his right-wing body as he sauntered into his car. Seeing the man and the sticker in which he sported made me wonder what this man meant by "change" since he seemingly included all of the things that he held near and dear to his heart in his list of things that he chose to keep. Since I didn't get the opportunity to speak to him, I decided to create a list of thing that I supposed he would wish to give away. Among those things, I came up with the following list:

His crystal-meth lab
His teeth
His dignity
His David Allan Coe CDs
His access to fairs and/or carnivals (including ability to operate rides)
His windowless van
His inability to be treaded upon.
Etc etc...

Now, I know it is unfair to judge people solely by their bumper stickers and/or camouflage attire, but this fellow totally owned the stereotype of disenfranchised hillbilly. This certainly isn't the first silly bumper-sticker that I've seen. But it was the best I've seen in a while, and that's good enough for me.

Currently blasting: Mission of Burma-"The Truth About Burma"
Currently rocking-A Banana and a soft pretzel with Ortega-brand "cheese dip"

1 comment:

  1. good call on the bumper sticker outrage. i saw one recently.

    ReplyDelete