Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Skinny

After a lengthy hiatus, I've decided to return to Blogburg, or is it the Blogosphere? I'm not sure. I enjoy writing about the ridiculous things and people that I encounter on a daily basis, so this blog will act as my forum for reporting such encounters. There really won't be any format, per se; basically the same types of things that comprised my last blog: Nothing too heavy, nothing overly political, I'm not trying to fight or support City Hall...nothing like that. My plan is simply to tell stories.

Now, as far as the name goes, again...nothing mind-bending. A few months ago, a class that I was taking was granted a 10 minute break. I saw a friend outside and he was running like hell. It was then that I decided that people, other than athletes and wanted criminals, are most vulnerable when they are running. I had never seen this person run before and I couldn't help but think how ridiculous he looked. Then I considered how ridiculous I must look when I run. In my case, the flailing limbs and spazzy wounded-deer mechanics are most likely enough to make witnesses think that I am a blind PCP addict. This is why I tend to stick to walking when I'm in public. Chances are pretty good that if I was being chased by a man with an axe, and there were people on the street while I was being chased, that I would sooner walk with urgency, thus, saving face, than run. That's how bad I have it. "It" being lack of grace. But anyway, from a distance it's easy to judge a lone runner. The person is late, he or she is unprepared for something; the list of thoughts is as long as it is ridiculous. Or perhaps I just like to internally mock people who are hurried for one reason or another.

So that's what this blog is going to be made up of: Stories and thoughts that have little if any bearing on anything.

Currently blasting: ESG-"A South Bronx Story"

No comments:

Post a Comment